Here is an opportunity to build a career with a truly international market leader. Our client has become the market leader for over 10 years and employs over 22,000 people worldwide. This is a challenging job opportunity for a professional who would like to learn, contribute and develop their career within a leading company in the sanitary ware industry. With a strong financial position and shareholder stability, this role offers the chance to work with some of the most talented people in the industry with superb career development potential and the possibility to grow professionally within the Group, with training and development opportunities within the Group and further opportunities for skills improvement from visiting Group specialists.
Our client is the world’s largest manufacturer of bathroom products. A renowned multinational company, headquartered in Spain; their commercial network spreads over 135 countries supplied by its 76 production plants and more than 20.000 employees worldwide.
Their success is synonymous with technology, design and innovation. Inspired by design and driven by the passion of its Spanish heritage, our client has been shaping bathroom design for over 90 years. A world leader, the Company is always at the forefront of bathroom trends. Working with some of the world’s most prestigious designers, the Company crafts distinctive and original designs that enhance the way people live.
In Malaysia, their corporate head office is located in Kuala Lumpur and they have a state of the art manufacturing facility located in Bestari Jaya, Selangor. The company manufactures cisterns, toilets, wash basins, baths, other bathroom accessories and the plant is undergoing a significant expansion programme with a great deal of investment and technology upgrades with new high pressure casting equipment, more carousels and glazing equipment.
Our Client Requires
A strong minded individual, aged between 38 – 50 years of age with at least 7 years’ experience in a managerial capacity. Strong technical skills in casting techniques, i.e. Bench and Battery. Excellent troubleshooting skills. Able to communicate fluently in English and with good managerial, planning and analytical skills.
- Adhere to monthly Production Plan
- Control Clay Losses within Targets
- Achieve productivity and cost reduction Targets
- Meet monthly Global Yield Target
- Reduction in Clay losses
- Adherence to Production Plan
- Improve Productivity and reduce Production Cost
- Understand daily casting requirement based on monthly production plan
- Ensure moulds are installed on casting lines according to production plan
- Ensure quality of new moulds are acceptable as this would effect on clay losses
- Ensure daily casting numbers are achieved
- Ensure casters adhere to standard operating procedures. Review and make necessary corrections to procedures when necessary
- Check slip properties, rheology and casting rate, and make changes to casting time to obtain required cast thickness
- Control clay losses within specified figures
- Prepare clay loss report by model on daily basis and analysis reasons for losses with the respective casting Supervisor
- Make correction to moulds/process to improve casting and firing yield hence Global yield
- Ensure good operating conditions of all casting and auxiliary equipment at all time
- Ensure pieces with acceptable quality are sent to dryer
- To motivate, train and monitor performance of all subordinates, and provide training to casters, new or existing methods, when necessary
- To ensure production and productivity targets in the Cast Shop are achieved at prescribed quality standards
- Introduce new production techniques to improve yield and productivity in the Cast Shop
- Ensure Air Handling Units (AHU) operate effectively to condition moulds. Ensure temperature and humidity at Cast Shop are within specified parameters
- Make corrections to AHU depend on weather conditions
- Ensure test moulds of new products are cast according to product development plan and make necessary correction to moulds/procedure in the view to improve product quality and yields when introduce such model for commercial production
- Introduce cost reduction measures at the Cast Shop
- Practice good housekeeping
- Ensure Cast Shop Supervisors adhere to standard operating procedures and take disciplinary actions, if required
- Work closely with other Section Managers to improve yields and overall factory performance
- Between 38 – 50 years of age
- At least 15 years’ experience in a sanitary ware factory, with at least 7 years in a managerial capacity
- Strong technical skills in casting techniques i.e., Bench and Battery
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to communicate fluently in English
- Possess good managerial, planning and analytical skills
- Degree in any Engineering discipline, preference for those with Materials Engineering or Industrial Ceramic qualifications