Here is an opportunity to build a career with a Non-Life company with strong ambitions and a strong balance sheet to become a top 15 insurer in Thailand within the next 5 years with a significant emphasis on digital business development and a greater understanding of risk based pricing. This is a challenging role for a professional who will be a key member of the team that drives the transformation of the company’s success using their expertise in marketing and distribution.
With a regional presence, this role requires an individual who understands the Non-Life industry, the processes and the fundamental challenges of developing strategic partnerships in the insurance market. Working with an energetic and youthful team, this role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop the strategies and tactics that will help drive this Company to the top tier in one of the major insurance markets of SE Asia.
Our Client Requires
To drive gross written premium (“GWP”) of our clients’ business towards the targeted GWP based on annual and long-term business plan.
As part of our clients’ overall strategy to further penetrate and breakthrough the non-life insurance market, to assist with the development and implementation of strategies to build distribution channels nationwide (including broker, agency, direct and alternative channels).
As part of our clients’ overall strategy for a more balanced product and portfolio mix, to assist with the sale and distribution of our clients’ products and services via the most suitable and effective distribution channels.
As part of our clients’ overall transformation initiatives to participate as a member of senior management in building a sustainable marketing/distribution and operational platform to achieve long-term business plan.
To contribute to our clients’ overall objective to delivering shareholder and all stakeholder value with emphasis on profitability, value-added products and customer service.
- To lead in the formation of annual and long-term production budgets, to align with senior management team on strategy and execution of such objectives and subsequently to align marketing and distribution team with such objectives
- To lead marketing and distribution team in the preparation and execution of such strategies towards achieving top-line and bottom-line targets which includes recruitment of new producers and maximising premium submission of existing producers based on suitable products, compensation/benefit structure and campaigns for producers
- As part of overall business plan, to recruit marketing and distribution personnel with suitable capabilities of contributing to top-line and bottom-line targets
- As part of manpower transformation and overall business plan, to (i) continuously train and develop knowledge, skills and capabilities of marketing and distribution personnel (ii) to ensure and execute succession planning
- To assist in development and implementation of on-going analysis and measurement/monitoring structure with regards to GWP, compensation, expenses, product mix and campaign performance
- With regards to broker and large-agency channel, to lead in the recruitment of new marketing/distribution personnel and development of existing marketing / distribution personnel’s capabilities in (i) recruiting new producers with a balanced portfolio mix of products (ii) developing and expanding existing producers’ portfolio for a more balanced portfolio mix of products (iii) to transform and ensure profitability of each producer account
- With regards to direct/alternative channels, to lead in (i) the development of distribution and compensation structure (ii) recruitment of new distribution workforce (iii) opening and building new B2B and B2B2C partnerships
- With regards to agency channel, to (i) assist in the recruitment of agency channel head (ii) contribute in development of agency recruitment strategy and structure, benefit structure, management training programme and structure (iii) supervise and manage the performance of agency force to sell and distribute existing and new products
- With regards to the UPC marketing and distribution channel, to (i) lead and supervise recruitment and management of business development managers (ii) to further develop each existing branch in terms of production and transformation towards individual profit centres (iii) to grow network of existing and new branches in order to boost production generation in UPC
- As part of marketing and distribution work stream, to identify, guide and nurture team lead towards designing and implementing initiatives including but not limited to marketing guidelines, reviewing and improving commission structure, re-building and transforming existing channels, building new channels, and contributing in product development, all of which to be assisted with suitable digital solutions
- Contribute and participate in 360 degrees internal and external branding/PR initiatives
- Exposure and breadth of practical experience in driving and managing different types of traditional distribution channels
- Knowledge, experience and strong capabilities in contributing and/or building (i) traditional distribution channels (ii) expanding and tapping new source of business and distribution channels
- Structured approach towards revenue generation
- Capabilities to balance between aggressive revenue generation and profitability
- Strong interpersonal, management and teamwork capabilities
- Drive and open mindset to continuously transform and evolve in marketing and distribution methods
- Capabilities to perform and contribute in transformative environment