Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all operational groups of the Business. As the COO, s/he will provide leadership to the strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the COO will provide coordination for the senior management team, serve as liaison to partners and work with the Board of Directors to keep them abreast of strategies and challenges.
The COO will partner with the CEO and her/his peers, including the CFO, CDMO and will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget. The COO will be responsible for IT, HR & Admin, Customer Service and Data Analytics functions.
With a regional presence, this role requires an individual who understands the Non-Life industry, the processes and the fundamental challenges of developing operational efficiency in the insurance market. Working with an energetic and youthful team, this role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop the strategies and tactics that will help drive this Company to the top tier in one of the major insurance markets of SE Asia.
Our Client Requires
To drive gross written premium (“GWP”) of our clients’ business towards the targeted GWP based on annual and long-term business plan.
As part of our clients’ overall strategy to further penetrate and breakthrough the non-life insurance market, to assist with the development and implementation of strategies to build distribution channels nationwide (including broker, agency, direct and alternative channels).
As part of our clients’ overall strategy for a more balanced product and portfolio mix, to assist with the sale and distribution of our clients’ products and services via the most suitable and effective distribution channels.
As part of our clients’ overall transformation initiatives to participate as a member of senior management in building a sustainable marketing/distribution and operational platform to achieve long-term business plan.
To contribute to our clients’ overall objective to delivering shareholder and all stakeholder value with emphasis on profitability, value-added products and customer service.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all operations
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting
- Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Ensure the continued financial viability of operational units through sound fiscal management
- Provide leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff
- Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation
- Minimum degree educated with at least 15 years of experience and a track record in managing operations of a Financial Institution or Insurance company
- Excellence in organisational management with the ability to coach senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to priorities and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organisational goals
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development
- Past experience managing operational functions, i.e. human resources, IT, Contact Centre
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed