Here is an opportunity to build a career with a prestigious European consumer insight and brand consulting house that is very successful in building brand strategy and communications through a deeper understanding of people and culture. Working with leading brands, the Company has many global clients and has an excellent reputation. A very attractive remuneration package and working environment is being offered for this key management position.
Our client is a London based consumer insight and brand consulting house. Founded in London in 1997, they have 8 offices around the world and have been very successful in winning significant business with some of the world’s leading brands. They apply their unique cultural lens to an incredibly diverse range of brand and innovation challenges. They believe in unlocking potential, inspiring their clients and everyone who works for and with them, with a sense of the possible and how to achieve it.
Our Client Requires
A unique opportunity to join the insights industry’s most dynamic and successful agency, becoming part of the senior management team in the Jakarta office.
As a director you will be responsible for winning and maintaining business, leading client relationships, taking ownership of projects and managing and leading staff, as well as taking a full role in office life and company culture.
Their philosophy “through culture to big ideas” uses their expertise in people, culture and brands to help their clients with strategic thinking, cultural insight and consumer understanding – using methodologies including ethnography, digital, film, trends and semiotics. This means talking to people around Indonesia to understand their lives, their attitudes, their environment and their interaction with brands and products – and then converting that learning into useful insights for their clients’ business.
They are looking for someone who shares that philosophy, with a passion for big ideas, culturally attuned and fascinated by people.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, they are looking for someone who shares their philosophy, with a passion for big ideas, culturally attuned and fascinated by people. You’ll need to provide leadership within a dynamic, ambitious and leading edge team. Your focus will be on leading and winning new business, bringing fresh ideas and emphasis to their core qualitative offering and developing profitable client relationships through great work. You’ll not be someone who sees leadership and ‘the work’ as divorced from one another
- This role will suit someone with a successful track-record in winning and expanding client business through the quality of their ideas; someone now ready to make their mark within an industry leader
- The role will entail heading key accounts and business development. Supporting the MD in the management of the team and in achieving the vision for the business and the aims of the annual business plan
- Heading key accounts
- Design and lead insights projects
- Develop strong senior client relationships
- Demonstrate strategic leadership and vision on client business
- Demonstrate breadth of category experience and versatility
- Ensure projects are well managed and profitable
- Grow current client accounts, take leadership over major accounts
- Win new business through inspiring proposals and pitches
- Support the MD in leading, coaching and inspiring the wider Jakarta team
- Support the career development of all of the staff through training programs and mentoring
- Support management processes, resourcing and staff appraisals
- Contribute to nurturing the Company’s culture and team morale
- Support MD in achieving the Company’s vision and business plan
- Contribute to profile building initiatives, events, think pieces etc.
- Proactively support initiatives designed to achieve the vision and business plan
- Develop new approaches where necessary
- Age early to mid-thirties, passionate and driven
- Preferably a degree in mass communications, marketing, business administration or advertising
- The Director will need to have a minimum of 5-7 + years’ experience in qualitative research, though they are also open to those from a planning, marketing, client or agency background, as long as this includes substantial familiarity with research
- Do you have a passion for people and culture? Did the latest PlayStation campaign remind you of the Matrix? Are you fascinated to understand why Brazil and South Korea have the highest rates of cosmetic surgery? Would you be as at ease chatting to mums in rural Sumatera about washing powder as millennials in Jakarta about beer? Do you connect the dots? Are you curious, interesting, hardworking, organised, and generally a nice person – then they want to hear from you