This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has the vision of how technology can really enable business development and help shape the strategy for future growth through the use of technology. This executive role is part of a dynamic team with a boss that will offer you all the freedom to create the solutions needed, without the typical large company constraints of protracted regional sign off processes. For a dynamic, youthful and exceptional leader, here is an opportunity for someone that has that powerful mix of IT and business understanding to set the technological direction for the next 5-10 years for a business that handles 50 million customers in Thailand.
Our client is part of a Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s largest food retail operators. Head quartered in the US, the company now operates in more than 120 countries with a large portfolio of restaurant brands in a leadership position.
Their competitive advantages are derived from building a strong brand, superior marketing strategies and the use of breakthrough innovation with compelling value. Their business focuses on driving shareholder value; store sales growth, food retail development and maximising long term shareholder value.
The company has a strong work ethic and a unique working culture, full of energy and fun to work with.
In Thailand, they have over 560 restaurants across 74 provinces, with a focus on building people so as to deliver an outstanding customer experience, together with a commitment to local communities.
Our Client Requires
The candidate will be responsible for the technological direction of the Company and will establish both the short and long term IT strategy to enhance overall brand insights and productivities for marketing, finance and supply chain.
Partnering with cross-functional departments to translate the Company’s strategies into action and providing thought leadership and operational execution of all IT platforms (front and back-office), in collaboration with business partners, vendors and global HQ business units.
You will propose the budgets for programs and projects, purchases and equipment upgrades, supervise computer specialists and IT workers and preside over all IT-related projects.
- Provide technology direction for the organisation
- Overseeing, managing and coordinating all IT aspect of the front and back-office application platforms
- Co-lead and manage the Company’s strategic projects with the functional partner per plan and budget
- Maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program into the overall objectives of the brand
- Own engagement and coordination of all strategic digital programs and projects and productivity improvement programs and implementation of operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate monitoring & management of programs and projects, including development of metrics to maintain accountability and measure execution against goals and objectives
- Financial management (CapEx & OpEx) to optimise program ROI
- IT vendor management to ensure program deliverable, support and SLA
- Work with global HQ for high impact program
- Recruit, engage and grow IT employees
- Acts as a business enabler focusing on Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Management, Disaster Recovery and Configuration Management (CMDB) and be the central point of contact for business leaders regarding tier 1 service availability and performance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or E-Commerce (Master’s Degree a plus)
- At least 10 years’ experience in the following: Information Technology, Project Management and/or Business Process Management
- At least 8 years of client and vendor management experience
- At least 8 years of people management and people development skills
- Industry experience in restaurant and retail industries preferred
- Significant experience with vendor management and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to lead and recommend IT strategies and/or BPM improvement processes
- Can motivate cross functional individuals and teams
- Allocates resources effectively and removes obstacles
- Significant expertise with vendor contract negotiations, compliance and relationship building
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Process oriented
- Ability to work across diverse organisations and lead complex internal and external project teams
- Ability to work locally and globally (someone who is “mobile” is preferred)
- Be a strong thought leader who has exemplary communication skills and a proven track record of building strong functional partnership
- Ability to execute digital programs
- Experience of motivating people & exhibits strong strategic & technical leadership skills that will help elevate brand presence
- Both Thai and Foreign applicants welcome, but an international mind-set combined with proven experience of working in Thailand is essential