This is a newly created position with plenty of scope for growth and excellent career advancement for a leading multinational. Upon joining the company, the successful candidate will be sent to Brazil and the USA for 2 months training that will include product exposure, agricultural technology related to the sugar industry, customer relations and how to manage large projects with key customers.
This company is a very sales driven organisation and has the bulk of its customers in Thailand. The candidate will spend 80% of their time in Thailand and also need to manager key customers in Indonesia, Vietnam and Cambodia for 20% of the time.
The candidate will be tasked with managing the growth, expansion as well as build revenue potential with potential large customers who need to understand more about their sugar, corn and rice harvesting technology and harvesting equipment. Once they have purchased the equipment (USD 300,000 upwards), they will need to manage the after sales aspect and ensure customer satisfaction.
The candidate will have KPI’s related to sales achievements, ability and success in being able to manage relationships with major accounts. The company offers a market competitive salary, excellent bonus scheme and sound career advancement prospects.
Our client is a multinational corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment and lawn care equipment.
In 2014, they were listed as 80th in the Fortune 500 America’s ranking and 307th in the Fortune Global 500 ranking The company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and employs approximately 67,000 people worldwide, of which half are in the United States and Canada. It is the largest agriculture machinery company in the world and has manufacturing plants and offices throughout the world.
Our Client Requires
A dynamic and professional Country Manager to manage the sales of the Company’s industrial products within Thailand and to ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning and effective deployment of sales personnel. To identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve both the short and long term sales and earnings. Manage and assign geographical sales territories for different product lines to maximise sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
Establish and manage effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and develop staff within the organisation. Sales sectors are in Energy and Rail and Industrial Automation with room to grow significantly.
- The position reports directly to the Australian Strategy development manager; a very professional and focused manager who has a consultative, sincere and caring management style. You will also work alongside another key accounts manager
- Coordinate and manage the customer acquisition of a specific targeted customer/market segment including product planning for the target market/customer segment. Promote effective business teaming across multiple support functions
- Develop a strategic plan for targeting customers in a segment to assure alignment with overall Division/Company strategy
- Develop and implement marketing plans to support direct and distributor based external business with the assistance of other relevant functional areas
- Coordinate cross-functional efforts with product, services and distribution channel to meet target segment requirements
- Follow and understand market trends and segment requirements through a wide network of relationships and alliances inside and outside the company
- Work with the sales group to manage the sales process with the segment including sales and revenue projections, value proposition, developing presentations and networking with key segment influencers
- Work with Product Development and Application Development groups to define long-term product plans, define and gain approval for specific product and application development activities performed by engineering groups
- Agriculture degree
- Mid 30’s
- Thai National
- Strong agricultural background, 7 plus years’ experience
- Passion for agriculture and how to improve productivity by means of latest mechanisation technology
- Able to actively promote the features and benefits of the Company’s harvesting equipment and agricultural solutions
- Proven experience in the agricultural sector in key accounts, managing sales, selling agricultural solutions
- Be able to work closely with the sales and product teams to manage his/her large accounts
- Some knowledge of crop management, fast learner who is able to learn the latest in sugar technology
- Be able to develop long term relationships with end users
- Be comfortable with presenting to large potential prospects
- Commercially astute and able to manage a portfolio of major accounts
- Be comfortable working and advising dealers
- Be able to assess commercial opportunities and tap into them to gain revenue
- Have sound problem solving and customer relationship skills
- Has a “roll up your sleeves”, “hands-on” mindset, who thrives on challenges