This role leverages a global networked team structure to align the enterprise talent strategy with business unit, region, and function imperatives. In partnership with our clients’ HR organization and business and regional teams, T & OD delivers solutions across Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines (TIP), thoughtfully adapting and activating regional and global frameworks.
Our client is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial and oil and gas markets choose their products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals.
They have over 47,000 associates that help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies for customers at more than 1.3 million locations in more than 170 countries.
Their innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and several other locations throughout the world. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on them to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
With an unparalleled commitment to personally delivered service and a suite of innovative technologies and science-based solutions, they drive positive economic and sustainable impacts through their customers, operations and the communities in which they operate.
Our Client Requires
Providing the strategies, frameworks, tools and approaches for building capability and creating effective organizations consistent with our clients’ values, goals and broader Human Resources strategies. The role coaches others so that sufficient in–Market expertise is developed to drive local Talent and organisational development (OD) agendas.
Areas of focus are growing capability, growing pipelines, growing engagement. As a result, talent management, succession planning, performance management, employee surveys, enterprise leadership, learning strategies, culture and inclusion are all important features of the work of this role.
- Reporting to the Director of Human Resources – TIP and the Director of Talent and Organisational Development – Asia Pacific (based in Singapore)
- Key Stakeholders are the TIP Market & Business Leads, the Global and Regional T & OD team of Regional Division HRBPs and TIP HR colleagues
- Working closely with regional division training teams to understand and align priority of talent support & development
- Co‐design a holistic TIP market strategic plan for Talent and OD, partnering with AP T & OD in line with local Market and Business needs
- Serve as a strategic business partner to TIP leaders and teams to understand and support execution of talent imperatives. Coach and support leaders for performance, help drive organization change management processes and work to implement selected best‐in‐class T & OD programs that drive business results
- Provide strategic oversight and seamless market execution of their core talent initiatives and processes including performance management, talent planning and succession planning
- Activate (through global programs where available) enterprise leadership development aimed at first line leaders through to E/S level leaders. Deepen the understanding and use of the Company’s Leadership Model which articulates the core behavioural expectations of leaders at any level across the enterprise
- Identify additional market team leadership development requirements and partner with internal and external stakeholders to adapt global/regional models for local deployment
- Establish a leader led/HR supported approach to development and build a sustainable model for the market’s leaders to facilitate their key T & OD initiatives
- Deploy strategy, programs, tools (e.g. YVM) and processes to drive engaged working environments within their market
- Lead talent governance for the market including co‐facilitation of the TIP Talent Council
- Execute talent assessment processes across the market (e.g. 9 box placements) and work to activate strategies and solutions to ensure a TIP talent pipeline
- Define appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results and optimize the impact of the Talent and Organization Development work
- Understand Market Business & HR strategies: translate them into actionable organization and people capability requirements that help to realize the business aspirations of TIP
- Know the key leaders and emerging talent across the market and begin to calibrate their potential across divisions and functions
- Understand global/regional T&OD approaches and establish strong working relationships with the key people; coordinate and integrate with the work of the broader enterprise
- Develop a holistic market strategic plan for Talent and OD
- Commence a sustainable leader development model including execution of enterprise leadership programs (e.g. 5E)
- Coordinate and advise line and HR on Emerging Talent Career roadmaps to build succession pipeline strength
- Prepare for and Facilitate Market Talent Council meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (Advanced degree preferred) in a related field to T&OD
- 10 or more years of Human Resources (HR/OD/LD) experience including experience in a talent development specialty role in a Fortune 500 Company and within an international matrix environment, aligning local, regional and global views and with Sales and/or Supply Chain related T & OD matters
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate business needs into human performance improvement strategies
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of managing Organizational Change, Leadership Development, Talent Management/Succession Planning, Facilitation, Learning and Development expertise and Organizational Development
- Experience of coaching and developing HR and Line Leaders in T & OD matters
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, collaborative work and leadership style
- Demonstrated business acumen with a focus on operational excellence
- An engaging communication style that connects at all levels
- Pragmatic results orientation and “doer” qualities with some strategic insight
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical skills, business planning and project management skills
- The candidate must have the capability to be a leading candidate for a senior HR role at Market Lead within a 2 year timeframe
- Mobility in the medium term is required